Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Victory is mine!

It was a good week for my Fantasy Team this past sunday. I outscored the whole leauge, and the closest team was 34 points behind me. Needless to say, I blew the doors off of " Will work for food" 208.15- 140.55. The blockbuster trade I made 2 weeks ago paid huge dividends, as Chris Johnson ripped the KC defense for 19 carries 168 yards and a score, Hines Ward added 4 catches for 60 yards and a TD, and The Bears Defense( a throw in the deal) had 2 sacks, 4 picks, 1 fumble recovery, a blocked kick, and 2 TD's. Not a bad trade for Brandon Marshall and Earnest Graham( who is now helping out at fullback) Things are looking up in the coming weeks, as I scratch and claw for a possible playoff birth.



Our contest plays this week went 2-3, I stand at 14-14 for the year, My partner( who would be better off picking from a hat) is 1-6. Through 7 full weeks in the contest we stand at a disapointing 15 up and 20 down. As always, the link below outlines the contest and updates the Standings every week, our entry is " ONETIME"



http://www.americanwagering.com/contests/2008/pro_challenge/index.html



I am kicking myself for the way I bet the NFL this week. I loved Carolina as my best play, and liked Miami second. so what do I do? I take a " conditional" wager with Miami in the front and Carolina in the latter part of the bet. it never made it to Carolina, as Baltimore, and the golden arm of Joe Flacco, strode into Miami and laid a beating on them. For those that dont know what a conditional wager is, its basically you risk a certain amount on 1 team, then you have an option to have that bet go onto another team( only if your first bet wins obviously)



I will be back tommorow for another segment of "One Time Around"

No comments: